Possess strong technical skill sets that will enable him to perform a multitude of tasks in the areas of hardware installation, software installation and a day to day support for desktop and laptops.In addition the candidate will be responsible for Planning and Budgeting of the Hardware and Software Platforms.
- Installation of SNS products on Desktops and Laptops for all SNS staff.
- Recommending appropriate improvements to SNS Laptops and desktop environments.
- Support of all internal technical infrastructures.
- Involved in establishing the license requirements for all internal 3rd party application packages.
- Uses established documentation requirements for all internal installations and recommend appropriate improvements and amends documentation.
- Provides basic training for SNS staff on configuration, deployment, upgrades, backup and restoration of all internal 3rd Party applications, operating systems and tools.
- Has troubleshooting skills for system configuration, network and other problems and is able to recommend solutions that minimize user risks in the network and dialup environments.
- Ensures all time and expenses are submitted in accordance with SNS standards
- Responsible for on the job mentoring and coaching of SNS staff and customer staff in both technical and functional matters related to all 3rd party packages used.
- Responsible for the purchase of any required Hardware or Software for the Group.
- Developing and maintaining a working knowledge of SNS applications.
- Implement of Annual Maintenance Contracts for the Hardware as per requirement.
- Developing & Implementing Hardware / Software Policies for the Company.
- Developing & Implementing Security Policies for the Network, Data of the Company.
- Documentation & tracking of changes made in the in-house software and or Third-Party supplied software, and reviewing the documentations written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
- May assist in the creation of training material and may be needed to conduct training courses.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of desktop / laptop installation concepts.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of networking concepts.
- Able to provide technical guidance to internal staff for all laptop / desktop issues.
- Able to resolve complex 3rd party application problems, by phone or through personal one to one contact.
- Good people skills and willingness to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communications, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
- Good PC skills.
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
- Willingness to travel to SNS offices or customer sites if require.
- Very Strong technical Skills
- Experience with Windows NT/2000/XP Workstation, Dos.
- Experience with Windows Servers.
- Experience with network systems and internet connectivity.
- Knowledge of Forte, PowerBuilder, Java and .NET is a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Oracle, and UNIX is a plus.
- Knowledge of emerging Internet technologies is a plus.