Job Title Technical Consultant
Department Name Professional Services
The Technical Consultant shall be responsible for developing software functionality that meets customer needs and design specifications, should be on time and flawless. He shall report directly to the Technical Manager. For tasks related to specific projects, the Technical Consultant reports to the Senior Technical Consultant.
- Develop, code, test and debug Supply Chain software in the Power Builder, Java, C++ or .Net using the Oracle or Microsoft relational databases to match any changes required by the customer.
- Understand the design specification and timeline estimates for assignments as well as consult with the project manager to resolve any perceived discrepancies.
- Follow test control procedures as developed by the project manager or Senior Technical Consultant.
- Provide on-site installation and implementation activities, as directed by the Senior Technical Consultant.
- Document internal and external changes or modifications to programs.
- Learn the customers business such that you are able to provide functional and operational expertise.
- Recommend software configuration or modifications to simplify and reduce operating time and costs.
- May assist new Technical Consultants in understanding of systems and applications.
- Build integration to systems and devices.
- Assist to ensure successful implementation resulting in a referenceable client.
- Develop good supply chain knowledge to advise clients of the appropriate use of the solutions that we implement.
- Provide customer with maintenance services as directed by the Customer Support Manager.