The Technical Consultant shall be responsible for Developing and testing software functionalities that meet customer needs and design specifications, Resolving issues reported by customers in a timely and efficient manner, Designing and developing integration layers on several integration platform, Performing software installation andConducting Technical Trainings to customers.
The Technical Consultant reports directly to the Technical Manager or Customer Support Manager.
- Develop, test and debug system customizations using various software platforms including Java, C++ or .Net and using the Oracle or Microsoft SQL relational databases to match any changes required by the customer.
- Understand the design specification and timeline estimates for assignments and consult the Project Manager to resolve any perceived discrepancies.
- Follow test control procedures as developed by the Project Manager or Senior Technical Consultant.
- Perform implementation activities, as directed by the Senior Technical Consultant or Project Manager.
- Learn the customers’ business in order to provide functional and operational expertise.
- Recommend software configuration or modifications to simplify and reduce operating time and costs.
- Provide software development estimates for client requested modifications or software fixes.
- Provide customer with support services as directed by the Customer Support Manager.
- Resolve technical problems reported on the software by customers or QA team and develop necessary system patches.
- Develop advanced knowledge in supply chain and logistics to provide adequate advice to customers.
- Manage client relations by providing technical support, suggesting functional enhancements and delivering other customer services.
- Develop positive working relationships with clients and internal support resources.
- Recognize and suggest potential customizations and operational development for client's current business operations.
- Build integration to 3rd party systems and devices.
- Complete system installations as required.
- Conduct Technical trainings to SNS customers.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Very high ethics and strong values.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to travel up to 50% yearly.
- When installing and traveling to client site, most work is done in a warehouse. At this time, general mobility with capability to climb, crawl and maneuver in restrictive areas may be necessary.
- Ability to work alone and in team/cooperative development efforts.
- Willingness to work overtime.
- Knowledge of Java, C++, .Net and SQL (Oracle or SQL Server) in a UNIX or Windows environment.
- Knowledge of UNIX or Windows operating systems.
- Experience in software solutions and life cycle.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Systems such WMS or TMS is a major plus.