All about Warehouse Racking and MHE
Oman: 31st of October from 9:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m.
The warehouse is the corner stone of the supply chain operation. It ensures the proper flow of goods from suppliers to end customers and guarantees the availability of stock to satisfy demand. In order to properly manage their operations, warehouses must be equipped with appropriate storage and racking systems in addition to the right MHE required to move the goods in and out of the warehouse. This course offers a complete overview of the different available racking systems and material handling equipment (MHE), reviews in details their characteristics and their applicability to different operations. Attendees will also receive an introduction to warehouse design concepts.
Join us along and acquire
- Have necessary knowledge of different types of racking systems.
- Have necessary knowledge of different types of MHE.
- Understand the applicability of storage systems and MHE to the various operations.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of each system and be able to make the right selections.
- Be able to estimate the cost of furnishing or revamping a warehouse.
Who Should Attend
This course is directed to Supply Chain Managers, Warehouse Managers, Operations Managers, architects, as well as anyone involved in the design, selection or procurement of warehousing systems.
- Serge has more than 10 years of experience in the Supply Chain field and has worked on some of the largest supply chain implementation projects in the EMEA region for companies such as L’Oreal, Chalhoub Group (MCT), Jawad Group, Clipsal, Procter & Gamble, Barloworld Logistics, Parmalat in South Africa, Golden Food, Mazda, Fattal, Holdal, Mohebi among many others.
- Serge speaks English, French, and Arabic, he joined SNS as a Logistics Analyst in early 2006. As a Project Manager , Serge is specialized in leading supply chain projects and implementations of SCE applications across the supply chain
- Conducted numerous Supply Chain consultancy studies for large companies in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Documented detailed Standard Operating Procedures and has project managed to implement the consultancy report recommendations.
- Has worked on or led multiple projects involving the integration of different SCE systems together, such as WM systems with ERPs (such as SAP, JDEdwards, Baan, Oracle e-business), or Event Management and Business Intelligence tools with WMS or ERPs. .