Getting Started with Warehouse Management Systems
The warehouse is the corner stone of the supply chain operation. It ensures the proper flow of goods from suppliers to end customers and guarantees the availability of stock to satisfy demand.
Traditionally considered as the storage of goods for profit, warehousing has evolved over the years in a way that modern warehouses now fulfill multiple roles within the overall supply chain.
In order to properly manage their operations, state-of-the art warehouses all over the world have or are implementing a Warehouse Management System, an application that has become a must-have in your facilities.
This course offers a detailed overview of these systems used to run and operate efficient warehouses.
We review in detail the functionalities and technologies of a typical and Best-of-Breed WMS as well as the best practices in implementation of such solutions. The course also takes a close look at available vendors, the criteria of failure and success as well as the calculation of ROI for a WMS.
- The course duration is 2 full days.
- The course is presented in the form of a power point presentation.
- The course includes a hands-on workshop working with a best of breed warehouse management system.
- The course includes a Q&A session and some evaluation quizzes.
Who should take it
This course is directed to Supply Chain Managers and Warehouse Managers with minimal to average knowledge of warehouse management systems.
The information presented proved very beneficial to Operations Managers, as well as for the IT Managers of the company involved in the implementation of Warehouse Management Solutions.
Audience who has completed the course will:
- Have necessary knowledge of warehouse management systems
- Be familiar with most of the terminologies and technologies used by warehouse management systems
- Be familiar with the basic and extended functionalities of warehouse management systems
- Be able to calculate ROI from implementing warehouse management systems
- Be able to evaluate and select the most suitable warehouse management system for their business