How to Slot your Warehouse
How to Slot Your Warehouse offers a detailed overview of slotting concepts, policies, tradeoffs and methods that can be used to increase the speed and efficiency of your order fulfillment. The course also describes in detail the slotting methodology and the different phases that should be followed to ensure a successful implementation and a sustainable outcome.
- The course duration is 1 full day.
- The course is presented in the form of a power point presentation.
- The course includes a Q&A session and some evaluation quizzes.
Who should take it
This course is directed to personnel with the responsibility of the inventory control and the optimization of warehouse activities, especially picking. That includes Operations Managers, Warehouse Managers, Inventory Supervisors, and Inventory Controllers.
Audience who has completed the course will:
- Have extensive knowledge of the slotting concepts and methodologies
- Be able to choose the slotting goals and strategies that best fit their warehouse, products characteristics and customer requirements
- Understand which data are useful for the purpose of the slotting exercise and how they can be used
- Be able to apply slotting techniques to their warehouse to achieve improvements in the overall warehouse efficiency