Introduction to RFID in Logistics
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is becoming one of the most important revolutionary technologies of our time promising to completely change the way we manage product flow through the supply chain. With many companies adopting this new technology and various successful initiatives, RFID is contributing to the improvement of inventory planning and tracking, reduction of stock thefts and losses, improvement of time management and increase in the overall efficiency of operations. The Introduction to RFID in Logistics course offers its attendees an overview of the RFID technology and its fundamentals, a look at its different applications and the skills necessary to implement RFID projects in logistics functions.
- The course duration is 1 full day.
- The course is presented in the form of a power point presentation.
- The course includes a Q&A session and some evaluation quizzes.
Who should take it
This course is directed to personnel with average or no knowledge of the RFID technology and who are assessing its potential applications in their logistics operations. The information presented proved very beneficial to Company Directors, Supply Chain Managers, Operations Managers, IT Managers, etc.
Audience who has completed the course will:
- Have an understanding of the RFID technology, its components as well as the applicable standards and regulations
- Have an understanding of the different applications of RFID in logistics and supply chain
- Be able to assess the need of their companies for an RFID solutions
- Be able to manage the design and implementation of an RFID project at their companies