Transportation Management Best Practices
“When is a refrigerator not a refrigerator? When it is in Dubai at the time it is desired in Jeddah.” Transportation activities do not only impact fulfillment systems and delivery times but often constitute a large chunk of logistics costs incurred by any company. The timely distribution of goods and services as well as a well-designed transportation network are essential to the success of any enterprise. The Transportation Management Best Practices course offers its attendees the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively plan, manage and control all transportation activities carried out by their companies.
- The course duration is 1 full day.
- The course is presented in the form of a power point presentation.
- The course includes a Q&A session and some evaluation quizzes.
Who should take it
This course is directed to personnel with average knowledge or no knowledge of transportation management concepts. The information presented proved very beneficial to Transportation Managers, Distribution Managers, Transportation Planners, Dispatchers, etc.
Audience who has completed the course will:
- Have extensive knowledge of the world of transportation
- Be familiar with most of the terminologies used in transportation
- Be familiar with most common transportation modes and transportation services
- Learn fundamental transportation costing and pricing techniques
- Be able to determine which transport modes and services best fit their companies
- Be able to assess the transportation needs of their companies in terms of vehicles and equipment
- Be familiar with essential concepts and techniques of route planning and scheduling
- Be familiar with available systems for effective transportation management