Warehousing for E-Commerce
The rise of online shopping is quickly reshaping companies’ supply chain operations. Warehouses are particularly impacted as they strive to fulfill not just the demands of traditional businesses but also cater for the increased volume of small size orders, the ever-reducing order cycle times and the surge of returns.
To handle these new challenges, companies must understand the real implications of such requirements on all aspects of their operations: infrastructure, product flows, technologies of data collection, labor and software solutions. This course aims at taking you through the different solutions that can be implemented to maintain your competitive edges and guarantee the satisfaction of a more demanding clientele.
Who Should Take it
This course is directed to people facing changes in their current operations due to the rise of E-commerce. The information presented proved very beneficial to Supply Chain Managers, Logistics Managers, Warehouse Operations Managers, Supervisors as well as for the IT team of the companies involved in Omni-channel warehouses.
Audience who has completed the course will:
- Learn about the impacts of E-commerce on warehouse operations and the challenges it creates
- Have a clear understanding of the E-commerce order cycle
- Be able to determine which storage solutions and manhandling equipment (MHE) best fit the operations of E-commerce warehouses
- Be able to select the right software and technologies to improve their product flows and customer satisfaction
- Learn how the leading companies are doing it
The course duration is 1 full day.
The course is presented in the form of a power point presentation.
The course includes a Q&A session and some workshops.